•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Untitled Document
    Untitled Document

    GASFRAC wins Gold at 2014 Edison Awards

    GASFRAC Energy Services Inc.

    GASFRAC Energy Services Inc. has been voted a Gold winner for innovation at the 27th Annual Edison Awards, held April 30 in San Francisco. GASFRAC won top honors in the Energy & Sustainability category for its Vantage Frac waterless fracturing process.

    The ballot of nominees for the Edison Awards was judged by a panel of more than 3,000 business executives including past award winners, academics, and leaders in the fields of product development, design, engineering, science and medical.

    GASFRAC’s Vantage Frac process is a closed stimulation process and injection method utilizing gelled LPG rather than conventional frac fluids. LPG gel properties such as low surface tension, low viscosity, low density combine to create more effective fracturing lengths that enable higher initial and long-term production of the well. The gel process also allows for 100% recovery of fracturing fluids within days of stimulation – leading to economic and environmental benefits such as a reduction in cleanup, waste disposal, and post-job truck traffic.

    Most Popular

    Related Articles

    Faroe, Lundin, and Cairn awarded exploration licenses in Norway

    01/22/2015

    Faroe Petroleum plc, Lundin Petroleum AB, and Cairn Energy have been awarded exploration licenses under the 2014 Norwegian APA (Awards in Pre-defined Areas) License Round.

    Óleo e Gás Participações loses two executives, reduces workforce 40%

    01/22/2015 Brazilian oil and natural gas company Óleo e Gás Participações SA has advised its shareholders that Reinaldo José Belotti Vargas, production director, has resigned, and that Gilberto Carvalho Lima,...

    Talisman Sinopec Energy UK plans to eliminate 300 jobs

    01/21/2015

    Talisman Sinopec Energy UK plans to eliminate 300 jobs due to plummeting oil prices and rising operating costs, according to Reuters.

    Pemex to save US$1.45B in four years by streamlining practices

    01/20/2015 Over the next four years, Pemex expects to achieve efficiency savings of more than 21 billion pesos in the area of procurement and supply. Of these savings, 35% corresponded to 2014. The other 65% ...

    Det norske reports production startup in Bøyla field

    01/20/2015

    Det norske oljeselskap ASA and partners of the PL 340 license have begun production in the Bøyla field. With that, Bøyla is the fourth field in production in the Alvheim area.

    Production starts up at Lucius oil field in Gulf of Mexico

    01/20/2015

    Eni reports that production has started up from the Lucius field in the Gulf of Mexico approximately 240 miles south of Louisiana.

    More Oil & Gas Financial Articles

    Faroe, Lundin, and Cairn awarded exploration licenses in Norway

    Thu, Jan 22, 2015

    Faroe Petroleum plc, Lundin Petroleum AB, and Cairn Energy have been awarded exploration licenses under the 2014 Norwegian APA (Awards in Pre-defined Areas) License Round.

    Óleo e Gás Participações loses two executives, reduces workforce 40%

    Thu, Jan 22, 2015

    Brazilian oil and natural gas company Óleo e Gás Participações SA has advised its shareholders that Reinaldo José Belotti Vargas, production director, has resigned, and that Gilberto Carvalho Lima, exploration director, has been dismissed from the company. Óleo e Gás has also reduced its workforce by approximately 40% in order to “preserve its economic and financial balance.”

    Talisman Sinopec Energy UK plans to eliminate 300 jobs

    Wed, Jan 21, 2015

    Talisman Sinopec Energy UK plans to eliminate 300 jobs due to plummeting oil prices and rising operating costs, according to Reuters.

    Pemex to save US$1.45B in four years by streamlining practices

    Tue, Jan 20, 2015

    Over the next four years, Pemex expects to achieve efficiency savings of more than 21 billion pesos in the area of procurement and supply. Of these savings, 35% corresponded to 2014. The other 65% will be achieved from 2015 to 2018.

    Det norske reports production startup in Bøyla field

    Tue, Jan 20, 2015

    Det norske oljeselskap ASA and partners of the PL 340 license have begun production in the Bøyla field. With that, Bøyla is the fourth field in production in the Alvheim area.

    OGFJ photo of the day


    Click to view slideshow

    Oil & Gas Jobs

    Search More Job Listings >>
    Subscribe to OGFJ