The US Gulf Coast oil and gas industry was honored with the equivalent of the film industry’s Academy Awards on March 20 at the Westin Galleria Hotel in Houston. Among the top winners at the 2013 Gulf Coast Oil & Gas Awards were Gary C. Evans, chairman and CEO of Magnum Hunter Resources Corp., and Houston-based Anadarko Petroleum Corp. Evans received the award as Industry Leader of the Year, and Anadarko received two awards, E&P Company of the Year and the Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year award.
Here are the other award winners from the Houston event:
- Consultancy of the Year – Navigant Consulting
- Drilling and Well Services Company of the Year – C&J Energy Services Inc.
- Engineering Company of the Year – Strategy Engineering and Consulting
- Environmental Initiative of the Year – R360 Environmental Solutions
- Health & Safety Initiative of the Year – Industrial Scientific Corporation
- Industry Supplier of the Year – Sulzer
- Insurance Provider of the Year – Aon Corporation
- Law Firm of the Year – Baker Botts LLP
- Manufacturer of the Year – Enviro Voraxial Technology Inc.
- Midstream Company of the Year – Williams
- Terminal of the Year – CRU Logistics LLC
- Trucking Company of the Year – Gold Spur Trucking
- Water Management Company of the Year – AbTech Industries Inc.
- Recruitment Agency of the Year – NES Global Talent
- Transaction of the Year – EP Energy
Winners were chosen by a distinguished panel of judges, including Brad Holly, vice president Southern and Appalachia Operations for Anadarko Petroleum; John D. Jensen, executive vice president Operations Services for EP Energy; Chris Faulkner, CEO, Breitling Oil & Gas; John O’Shea, CEO, Tradition Midstream; and Steven P. Guidry, VP business development for Marathon Corporation.
The keynote speaker was David J. Porter, who serves on the Texas Railroad Commission, which regulates oil and gas in the Lone Star State.
“The Oil & Gas Awards recognize the outstanding achievements made within the upstream and midstream sectors of the oil and gas industry,” said Daniel Creasey, CEO of the group hosting the awards banquet. “The awards are a platform for the industry to demonstrate and celebrate the advances made in the key areas of environmental stewardship, efficiency, innovation, corporate social responsibility, and health & safety,” he added.
Previous regional Oil & Gas Awards events were held in Denver on March 12 and in Pittsburgh on March 14. Future awards ceremonies are planned for Oklahoma City on October 29, on the West Coast on October 31, in San Antonio on November 5, and in Calgary on November 7.